GLASS is currently led by a Steering Committee, elected each February for a one-year term. The Steering Committee manages and oversees the GLASS Caucus funding, events, communications, professional development, and membership. Members of the Steering Committee must be current employees of the Senate and serve in a volunteer capacity. The current Steering Committee is led by:
- Co-chair: Trelaine Ito (Sen. Brian Schatz)
- Co-chair: Kevin Chang (Sen. Maria Cantwell)
- Co-chair: Jordan Cozby (Sen. Jon Ossoff)
- Treasurer: Donald Pollard (Sen. Tim Kaine)
- Secretary: Raven Graf (Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse)
- Professional Development Director: Andrew Fuentes (Sen. Dianne Feinstein)
- Communications Director: Nicholas Graham (Sen. Gary Peters)
- At-Large Director: Mikayla Bodey (Senate Agriculture Committee)
- At-Large Director: Cam Smith (Sen. Richard Blumenthal)
- Social Director: Micah Escobedo (Sen. Bob Casey)
The Steering Committee meets once a month on average to carry out the mission of the organization, respond to current issues affecting LGBTQ+ staff, and plan events throughout the year.
Our meetings are open to all dues-paying GLASS members. Because there sometimes are last minute schedule changes, please feel free to e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’re coming. To become a dues-paying member, click here.