GLASS is currently led by a Steering Committee of ten members, elected each February for a one-year term. Members of the Steering Committee must be current employees of the Senate and serve in a volunteer capacity. The current Steering Committee is led by:
- Co-chair: Hans Hansen (Senate Agriculture Committee)
- Co-chair: Pablo Sierra-Carmona (Sen. Kyrsten Sinema)
- Treasurer: Brian Kaplun (Sen. Tammy Baldwin)
- Secretary: Colbey Carpenter (Sen. Jeff Merkley)
- Social Engagement Director: Kevin Chang (Sen. Maria Cantwell)
- Social Engagement Director: Calvin Wilborn (Sen. Raphael Warnock)
- Membership Director: Trelaine Ito (Sen. Brian Schatz)
- Membership Director: Jordan Cozby (Sen. Jon Ossoff)
- Communications Director: Russell Page (Sen. Martin Heinrich)
- At-Large Director: Joseph Charlet (Senate Judiciary Committee)
The Steering Committee meets once a month on average to carry out the mission of the organization, respond to current issues affecting LGBT staff, and plan events throughout the year.
Our meetings are open to all GLASS members. Because there sometimes are last minute schedule changes, please feel free to e-mail us email@example.com and let us know you’re coming.
Dues-paying members of GLASS can view the Steering Committee minutes for the year by clicking here. *Note: a password is required to view this page. If you are a dues-paying member of GLASS, you should have received a password. To become a dues-paying member, click here.