In line with our mission to provide a safe environment for professional development, GLASS is proud to announce the beginning of a Mentorship Program for LGBT and ally staff in the Senate. If you are seeking personalized, one-on-one career advice from a seasoned professional, or if you are a seasoned professional who would make a great mentor, this program is for you! While there are no formal requirements, participants would ideally fit the following descriptions:
- Mentees: GLASS members who are new to the Senate or who have spent less than two years on Capitol Hill, with any work experience, area of interest or potential career path. This is not limited to junior staff (interns, Staff Assistants, etc.) – all job levels are welcome to apply.
- Mentors: LGBT-friendly seasoned professionals who have worked in the Senate or on Capitol Hill for at least two years. This could range from Staff Assistant all the way to Chief of Staff. Senior level staff are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note this program is open to Senate staff who are dues-paying members of GLASS. Senate interns are allowed to participate at no cost.
For more information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page about the Mentorship Program or download the documents below. All materials must be submitted by July 1, 2012.
Ready to apply? Download the application materials here (right click to save PDF files):
- GLASS Mentorship Program Overview & FAQs
- GLASS Mentee Application Form
- GLASS Mentor Application Form
Completed application materials should be sent to GLASS Mentorship Chair Annie Walden-Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org.