Panel Discussion: “Being Gay on the Hill: The Senate & Its Staff”
When: Monday, June 13, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: SR-385 (Senate Russell Building, Room 385)
The Senate community has come a long way in terms of diversity. Please join us for a special dialogue to discuss “Being Gay on the Hill”. We’ll hear from a panel of veteran gay, lesbian and straight allied Senate staff who will talk about issues related to our unique community and offer a general reflection on how far we’ve come and how far we still have to go.
Our panel includes:
– Lynden Armstrong, Chief Clerk, Senate Committee on Rules and Administration (formerly Deputy Chief of Staff, Sen. Pete Domenici)
– Jeannie Biniek, Senate Budget Committee
– Cory Claussen, Senate Agriculture Committee
– Ty Wesley Cobb, Legislative Counsel at the Human Rights Campaign (former counsel to Sen. Edward M. Kennedy on the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions)
– Jeffrey Levensaler, Deputy Chief of Staff, Sen. Jeff Merkley (formerly with the offices of Sens. Frank Lautenberg and Paul Wellstone)
– Michael Zamore, Chief of Staff, Sen. Jeff Merkley
Topics will include the foundation of GLASS as an organization, the evolution of workplace policies and benefits for LGBT staff members, and also tips for current staff members: coming out (or not) in your office, how to support LGBT legislation, etc.
For more information please visit the Facebook event page at:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=191627217555511 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org